View Single Post
07-17-2014, 09:11 PM
From Utah
Joined in Jan 2009
992 posts
DreamBaybeh
So! I had my Biometrics almost a week ago, it's probably taken me all of these 6 days to stop fuming about it. I went on my scheduled date, didn't do a walk-in. Got through security fine, I went into the building with my letter, DL, and car keys and left everything else in the car so I could go through the scanner faster.

I got to the check in desk, and the guy asked for my letter and DL. I show it to him and then he asks, Do you have your passport? I said no. He asked if I had my EAD, I said no. He asked why not, and I told him the letter says to bring one form of ID, and that's what I brought. So he goes, Yeah well... [Silence from me]... If you're coming here you might wanna bring all your immigration paperwork.

Which, excuse me? The letter says one form of ID, so that's all I'm bringing. I told him what the letter said again and he tried to get all difficult saying if he couldn't find me in the system he would have to *send me home* to get my other stuff. He looked me up and FOUND ME, then he made me put my fingerprint on a sticky note [pfff] and then let me go through. I had to do the whole "I'm sorry" schtick because I got the feeling he was about to send me home on a whim. But grr!

The good thing that came out of that is that we sent my brother (who's on a Mormon mission in California) his EAD just in case the same thing happened. He said they did ask him for it, and that the person who did the security to get into the office was "a douche." So it's not so smooth sailing with this renewal was far as the biometrics (at least for me and my brother), but it's all done now. We sent my brother his EAD via UPS (we had to get it overnight bc his appointment was a couple days later) and it was almost $60. Sheesh!
Approved i821 and i765 - 9/19 (EAD arrived in mail 9/27)
Post your reply or quote more messages.