View Single Post
08-01-2020, 08:29 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth View Post
I never understood those arbitrary age requirements. I know someone who could not apply because she came here at 17. Really sucks.
I can see an age requirement for the age a person was when they came to the US..18 is probably a fair cutoff point since you can argue that an 18 year old was an adult and made the choice to come here, but the upper age limit just makes no sense because between 1982, the cutoff for the 1986 amnesty and 2012 when DACA was announced is 30 years.

That means if the cutoff age is supposed to be 16, someone could have been 15 years old in 1982 when brought to the US and they would have been 45 in 2012. If they really wanted to have an upper age limit to prevent fraud, 45 would have been the correct upper age limit for 2012....of course it would need to be adjusted for updated cutoff dates.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.