11-13-2017, 12:52 PM
From Minnesota
Joined in Nov 2009
5,814 posts
Demise
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissReni View Post
Hi all,

I am DACA recipient who will soon be married to a US citizen so I'm getting all my forms together for a speedy process. I entered the US with a B2 visitors visa and was inspected/stamped. It obviously expired and I've been applied/renewed DACA twice. I just have a few questions and would appreciate your input (especially for those whose situation was the same as mine and have gotten their green card through marriage since):

1) I lost my i-94. In the parts that ask for its #, expiration date, etc., I explained that it was lost and that I am submitting a copy of the page in my passport that immigration stamped when I entered as well as the visa page. Does this take the place of the i-94? Have any of you gotten approved without a lost i-94?

2) Form I-485, part 8, item 17 asks: "Have you ever violated the terms of a nonimmigrant visa? Technically I did since I overstayed and was unlawful. Should I answer yes?"

3) Form I-485, part 8, item 23 asks: "Have you ever applied for any relief or protection from deportation or removal?" Is DACA under this category?

Also it asks what my current immigration status is and I just put DACA Recipient. What did some of you answer for this question?
1. Do a FOIA with CBP, or file I-102. FOIA is preferable since it's free. Include as much information as you can: your name, passport number, date of entry, port of entry, etc.

You can file the form with a copy of your entry stamp and visa page (missing the I-94) but you will get an RFE. Usually FOIA will come back way before the RFE does. If FOIA comes back blank you have a problem and have to file I-102. If you want to play it safe you want the I-94 before you file.

Is there any other place that might have a copy of it?

2. Yes. This does not prevent from AOS as an immediate relative.

3. Technically yes. Better to just mark it yes and provide an explanation.
Post your reply or quote more messages.