View Single Post
10-31-2017, 11:14 AM
Joined in Apr 2009
3,098 posts
fl_dreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NattUhhLee View Post
That's assuming everyone has the financial means to do so. Many of us come from immigrants families that usually "break even" regarding income and bills.
But either way when it come to comprehensive deductible, the average difference in cost between a $500 deductible and a $100 deductible is about $10-15 a month.
That's an extra $120 a year, for a $400 drop in deductible and a quick peace of mind.
I know that in many families $400 is a big difference when you get hit with it all at once.

Adding a side note, will stop this convo here as I don't want to derail this into a typical DAP argument
Extra $120/year assuming you are using your insurance benefits within the first year which statistically seldom happens. An average person pays for insurance 7.8 years before using its benefits. My current client (auditee) is an Insurance client and this is straight from their Controller.

I am good with stopping the convo but your slided risk adverse approach here may end up hurting someone's pockets.

OP, seems like you made the decision to claim insurance and it seems like you can afford the deductible. Good for you! I would have done the same! Let us know how the replacement process goes!