View Single Post
01-15-2018, 12:39 AM
Joined in Oct 2012
374 posts
always_learner11
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Man View Post
You people can apply when you want, however I'm going to rule out one scenario that's a naive sheeple effect going on here; those of you running out the door on Tuesday thinking if you apply within the week or two (however before the appeal is filed and settled, if it comes to that), that you'resomehow in some magical nonstoppable loophole window for it to get processed even after rescinding of the policy.

USCIS will either stop processing altogether and/or return your shit. Some of you realize this and already stated it's just a $20 postage loss - I agree with this yes, not much risk in applying early in terms of monetary costs.

The point I'm making is it doesn't matter whether you apply on Tuesday or on Friday, if it gets shut down it affects everyone the same. Those of you in MAVNI know a great deal about this where they can create bs excuses to hold your application even if it's part of INA, so USCIS isn't gonna put themselves in a situation where they're forced to process after another policy change. Just saying.
If the administration manages to stop DACA again, all pending applications received by USCIS may not be process as you said.

At the moment, DACA is at the forefront of news coverage. Every DACA individual will know they can now renew again. The majority of these individuals expire between August & October. Most will send their application this week. USCIS will be swamped.

The first people to send their applications on Tuesday may renew in 2 months. How about the people who send their application on Friday? I'd say considerably more than 2 months considering the volume.

My point is if the administration manages to stop DACA in 2 months time, those who sent their application Tuesday have the best shot of getting their renewal processed.

Edit: We don't know when DACA will be halted (if ever). It could be 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc. If halted 2 or more months from now, it does matter if you sent it Tuesday or Friday.
I-797C: 8/24/12 , 1/22/18
Biometrics: 9/12/12 , 2/14/18
Approved: 9/26
EAD Arrived: 9/29
Expire: 8/7/18
Last edited by always_learner11; 01-15-2018 at 12:44 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.