View Single Post
05-19-2015, 11:47 PM
From Connecticut
Joined in Mar 2009
8,653 posts
2Face
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAman View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious or trolling us. Ted Cruz?? Really?? the guy who didn't vote for the Senate immigration bill (which passed the senate) anyway? Mr. Tea Party? The same guy who is urging the courts to overturn the executive orders?

Which planet do you live in?
Well if properly lobbied, I definitely think its a possibility. I am just saying based on how terrible Obama has been with immigration. If a liberal like him was not able to pass CIR, its def possible that a Republican will actually pass something. Bottom line is CIR led by the Democratic party will only pass with a Democratic Party supermajority. Hillary will have no say without a supermajority. There is no way Democrats will get both house and filibuster proof Senate. However, I think Republicans stick together much better than Democrats and I feel like a Republican president may be supported in passing some type of CIR. Definitely not as liberal as the current version but i definitely think a sensible one can be passed. Rand Paul is my best bet. He relates to younger people like us.
Last edited by 2Face; 05-19-2015 at 11:50 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.