View Single Post
01-25-2019, 04:21 PM
Joined in Feb 2012
775 posts
juvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanu9000 View Post
It' nice to be able to talk to someone who had first hand experience with working in a law firm. I'm deciding between two lawyers (the free one that my employer provides) or my personal attorney I've been speaking with (who would charge about $6000 but who I know is very good). Do you think the quality of an attorney matters? I've helped my family before with immigration filings before. For example, I did my sister's i-751 and helped her gather the evidence. I also helped my parent's RFEs when they filed for a greencard. And I already have many ideas on what evidence I can gather for this case. So I was just wondering if getting a lawyer who may not have as much experience filing an i-601a can be detrimental? Or does it not matter who I choose.
If you have the means then definitely retain an attorney who specializes in this area. Get yourself some peace of mind. Think about it as an investment in your future, $6k is nothing in the grand scheme of things. To give you an idea, I will be paying$13k-$15k granted my case is a bit more complicated but still.
Post your reply or quote more messages.