View Single Post
03-16-2019, 12:23 PM
Joined in Mar 2017
487 posts
godsavethequeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad.bunny View Post
My statement was merely just a refutation of people accusing the US for being racist cause they won't legalize DACAers. All countries have measures to prevent illegal immigration. The US is the only country that protects the illegals that came here as children and even permits them to enroll in their public education.

Yes, I have seen instances in my life in this country that can be considered racist. However, these experiences are nothing compared to what I have seen in my home country. At least in the US, racism is seen as a bad thing and there are counter efforts and laws that outlaw such discrimination. In contrast, in most countries in Latin America, racism against their indigenous and african populace is encouraged in their media and normalized. Just look at the Mexican memes of Hondutan migrants and Yalitza Aparicio. You can literally get refused a job opportunity in some Latin countries like Mexico, Argentina, etc. just cause you look "indio" and you can't do anything about it.

In fact, I'd say that the US along with a few other first-world nations like Canada and New Zealand are way more racially tolerant compared literally the rest of the world. This isn't to say that racism in those said countries is non-existent.

Unfortunately, racism is negative attribute of human nature just like violence, lookism, sexism, ageism, ableism, bullying, etc. Humans aren't perfect and these forms of discrimination will sadly always exist. People will always judge and differentiate others. I've seen racism even on this forum against Caucasians dismissing them all as "nazi trump supporters" and even against Blacks, read my signature.
Bruh. No one is reading that long ass thesis paper. Why even bother typing it?
Post your reply or quote more messages.