View Single Post
06-29-2017, 09:41 AM
Joined in Jun 2017
1 posts
///Xavi46
Hello everyone,

I'll start with a quick summary of my situation. I've had DACA for the past 4 years now; ever since senior year in high school. After I graduated, I didn't really look into college or higher education since I realized my legal status would become a hurdle. However, my work permit has been of great help; I've been able to buy my first car on my own and was able to afford a vacation to Hawaii this past March.

That's when I realized that there has to be a way to further my education and be able to find a better paying job, but to be honest I don't know where to begin. When people say they paid out of pocket do they really mean they payed over $30,000 from their saved money? I don't really like the idea of having to get a student loan because of the debt and also since the future of DACA isn't as concrete as everyone would like. Also, I know there are scholarships that Dreamers are eligible for; did any of you receive any and which ones?

I forgot to mention that I'm 20 years old with a full time job at my local hospital; which my supervisor did say that they offer some sort of tuition reimbursement so I will begin looking at that.

I wanted to ask everyone to share their experiences on how they achieved their educational goals. Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated; thanks to all.
Post your reply or quote more messages.