View Single Post
02-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Joined in Sep 2015
75 posts
deetx
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckounlimitd View Post
Hey guys.

I'm a bit on a dilemma. I just financed my first car every through Subaru. I'm currently under DACA and was a bit worried about the process. Everything went smoothly with running my credit. My credit was decent, but apparently, the length of credit is a bit short. Anyways, I was approved, signed the paperwork, went home and 3 hours later, salesman tells me that i need to send them a picture of my green card? At that time I was a bit shocked and scared so I said yes and just hung up. Now I'm working with them, telling them i'm in the process of getting mine, and they ask me if i can send form i551 which i dont have.

Just wondering if anyone dealt with this situation before? Last time I tried financing a car the salesman asked me if my social security card have the word only valid for employment on it. I just froze at that point and walked away.

I live in cali. Any help would be great.
Hello there,
Hmm interesting. I would suggest honestly returning the car and go through another dealership and do better research or hold off on getting a car and work on your credit maybe that’s why they asked you for more documents. I’ve bought two cars and never had issues. No co-signer. All they asked me for was Diver’s License and Proof of Insurance. I also have only DACA and live in cali.
Last edited by deetx; 02-10-2019 at 07:34 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Post your reply or quote more messages.