View Single Post
04-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Joined in Dec 2010
900 posts
ggalicia
Update for DACA Renewals April 9, 2014

In September 2012, USCIS started deferring action for certain childhood arrivals and issuing employment authorization for a period of two years. Beginning in September 2014, the initial two-year grants of deferred action for early recipients of DACA from USCIS are due to expire under their own terms, and USCIS is actively preparing for the DACA renewal process so that eligible individuals can request and receive an extension of their deferred action without experiencing any lapse in their lawful presence or work authorization.

In late May 2014, USCIS anticipates publishing a new dual-use Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, to allow for both initial and renewal requests, and updating Frequently Asked Questions with additional information. If you received DACA from USCIS and will seek to renew, you must wait until USCIS publishes the new form before filing your renewal request. If you are filing for initial DACA, you may continue to file using the current form until the new version is available (See below for additional information).

To help prepare the public for the anticipated process to request a renewal of DACA from USCIS, we have created an outline found below. This outline is subject to change until USCIS announces the details of the final process in late May 2014.

Outline to request renewal of DACA from USCIS:

File the revised version of Form I-821D, Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, together with Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization and I-765WS, Worksheet, as in the initial filing. The forthcoming version of Form I-821D will be dual-use for both initial and renewal filers and will contain modified questions pertaining to each situation. The draft form is currently going through the Federal Register public comment process and is not yet available for use.
Do not file the current version of Form I-821D to renew. USCIS will not accept renewal filings until the new version of the form is published. However, if you received DACA from ICE instead of USCIS, please read the ICE-Granted DACA Renewal Guidance.
Submit your DACA renewal request package approximately 120 days (or 4 months) before your current period of DACA expires. This is also the date that your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) expires. While USCIS will continue to accept filings after this date, it will not accept requests made earlier than 150 days (or 5 months) before that expiration date. The expiration date is printed on the front of the EAD, Form I-766 . Complete renewal requests include signed Forms I-821D, I-765, and I-765WS with fee and evidence, if applicable.
If you file your renewal request package approximately 120 days before the expiration date of your current period of DACA, USCIS anticipates making a decision on your deferred action request and adjudicating your employment authorization application well before your current period of DACA and employment authorization expires. If you have filed at least 120 days before your deferred action and EAD expire and USCIS is unexpectedly delayed in processing your renewal request, USCIS may provide deferred action and employment authorization for a short period of time until your renewal is adjudicated.
You only need to submit new documents pertaining to removal proceedings or criminal history that you have not already submitted to USCIS. You do not need to re-submit documents you already submitted with your previous DACA request that was approved. However, you should keep copies of all documents that support how you meet the DACA guidelines so you can provide them if they are requested by USCIS.
NOTE: If you received DACA from USCIS, do not file the current version (edition date 6/25/13) of Form I-821D to renew. USCIS will not accept renewal filings until the new version of the form is published in late May 2014. However, if you are among those few individuals who received deferred action for childhood arrivals from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) between June 15, 2012 and August 15, 2012, please read the ICE-Granted DACA Renewal Guidance.

Renew Your DACA

If your initial two-year grant of deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA) is expiring, you may request a renewal. This page explains how to request a renewal.
If this is the first time you are requesting DACA, go to Request DACA for the First Time . You can also find information in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Who Can Renew

You may request a renewal if you continue to meet the initial DACA guidelines and you:
Did not depart the United States on or after Aug. 15, 2012, without advance parole;
Have continuously resided in the United States since you submitted your most recent DACA request that was approved; and
Have not been convicted of a felony, a significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
When to Renew

You should submit your renewal request about 120 days (4 months) before your current period of deferred action will expire. If you submit your request more than 150 days (5 months) before your current period expires, USCIS may reject it and return it to you with instructions to resubmit it closer to the expiration date.

http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/co...enew-your-daca

Quick update on August 18, 2014 I was approved for my DACA Renewal. Today August 26, 2014 I went to the California DMV to update my work permit to get a new license, I had to take the vision test again and I did not have to pay for my DL.

Hope this helps guys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DACA 1.JPG (172.6 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg DACA 2.JPG (186.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg DACA 3.JPG (152.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DACA 4.JPG (143.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DACA 5.JPG (150.7 KB, 64 views)