Thread: I want to die
View Single Post
07-23-2019, 10:00 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Progress isn't a straight line my man. Sometimes you fall on your face and have to get back up and then fall again and again. I know it's not an easy thing but this is what we do.

Frankly, in the past few years I've thought about death a lot. I used to be terrified of it and wake up in the middle of the night realizing that one day I wasn't going to exist anymore and stay up wondering what the point of it all was. In the last few months though I've come to realize that death is easy. Everybody that ever existed will face it so it can't be that bad. There is no challenge in it and the most brilliant, stupid, evil, kind, short, and fat among us will die just the same. Best we can hope for is to have some meaning and not die because of someone else's actions. This nonsense going on in the world and politics is not a good reason to not want to live. This bullshit will pass some day.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.