View Single Post
12-07-2017, 03:02 AM
From Test
Joined in Oct 2013
75 posts
unix_kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogarcia1994 View Post
I know states have their own regulation and rules for hand guns but in my state it says i have to be a US citizen or a Perm resident alien which I'm neither. Did i just commit and big bad thing? I just wanna do the right thing and follow the rules. Today i went to my county sherrif's office and summited a form for a Pistol purchase permit and the lady took my application showed both my state ID and Work authorization and made me sign and form and told me she will sent it in for a criminal background check which i know I'm 100% clean. and now my case shows as pending online for a permit did i just make it through? What do you fellas think? I'm assuming the worst that can happen is if they say no to me. I just want to follow the rules thats all. I do however have an unregister/stolen handgun but I'm scared as death to even show it or take it with me. It's the same situation as driving with or without license in My opinion.

With your legal handgun, you might get accepted. Might not. The case law isn't solid on this, as there's been several conflicting rulings. The more positive ones weren't handed down by the Supreme Court, sooo...

IF the form you signed had you attest that you are an LPR or a USC, then you just committed a serious felony. Hopefully that is not the case.

If you get accepted, have fun -- you have a lawful permit. Be responsible. Get proper training and store it correctly.

If you are rejected, due to immigration status, you can file a request for legal assistance with the local chapter of the ACLU. They'll fight it out for you.

As for your UNLAWFUL handgun, keep it out of sight, locked up, and never let it out of your safe. Sometimes police jurisdictions will have unlawful gun buy-back programs in which you can give your gun back with no legal repercussions, but I'd still contact a lawyer. They're generally called Gun Amnesty Programs.

**I am not a lawyer and this does not constitute legal advice.**
Last edited by unix_kid; 12-07-2017 at 03:18 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.