View Single Post
10-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Joined in Aug 2012
2,105 posts
VeryNicePerson1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WGITF View Post
I'm not worried. Many USCIS officers are suggesting to give employers DACA approval letters for the time being OR checking e-verify. There's proof that I resigned for a week and proof that HR was the one saying approval notice was fine. The lag for production was something we weren't aware of and card production/approval was confirmed by more than 2 USCIS resources. This isn't the same as working WHILE expired; which many did for weeks and montths.

USCIS replied to my SR and confirmed approval/card production within 5 days. ELIS got back to me within 15 days. Same answer.

ALSO, if they wanna get technical. Those thay are under LOA while expired (without approval notices) are at risk too. Though they aren't working, they're still "in the books". My point is there's no room for technicality at this point because the delays and lags are something USCIS had admitted to. Employers get desperate and people have responsibilities that they can't afford to be technical. *micdrop*.

At this point, I wouldn't worry. I feel super blessed that my employer kept me on at their discretion and blessed that I have been notified of card production/approval. Many people kept working when they got approved 2-3 days before their expiration date WITHOUT a card for 2-3 weeks. Are they gonna get penalized for that? Highly doubt it.
I hear ya...only thing we all can really do is wait...while bugging USCIS when we can.
Post your reply or quote more messages.