View Single Post
09-20-2017, 03:04 PM
From New York City
Joined in Apr 2010
731 posts
nydreamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetx View Post
Well I did try to work on my relationship. Unfortunately he has moved on with someone else. The point I'm trying to make here is this man I was dating wanted to marry me but he was moving a little too fast. I felt overwhelmed and we ended up breaking up.

So I have to start my life over and I feel like being so close to 30, I want to keep working on myself and the goals I had set for myself. I have been living with my sister for the past 8 years and I feel like I'm already too old to not have my own space. And I feel like im finally in a place where financially I can afford to do so I just don't know if when 2018 rolls around and I need to renew my DACA (if it still exists) what is going to happen to me. The country where I was born is flooded right now with hurricane and what not.

All of this is stressing me out so I would like to know how trump announcing what he did is the best thing?
Do you live alone?
Don't move out. Ride it out with your sister, and wait to see what happens with DACA/Dream Act. You mentioned you never made a backup plan if DACA was to end. Now's your chance. Keep working, save money, and hope for the best.

I moved out three years ago, and now I am stressed about how to move forward if DACA is gone for good and the DREAM Act doesnt pass. Still, I am holding on to hope.
Post your reply or quote more messages.