View Single Post
07-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Joined in Sep 2012
387 posts
NotYetKnown
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkiano View Post
I talked to HR at my company and informed them of the situation at hand and of the high possibility of my EAD expiring before I got a renewal. After touching base with the company's immigration attorney, I was informed that after my EAD expired I had to be placed on unpaid leave (which I expected) and that they could hold my position maybe for 2-3 months before I had to be terminated — yikes

I would recommend for those of you with expirations coming up to start planning for the worst and begin talking with your HR department to see what can be done to save your position.

One thing I want to add is that the immigration attorney told HR that EAD's take about 90-120 to renew. Take that for whatever it's worth.
Great advice. I'm still pretty confident we'll all get a renewal before the expatriation--for those of us who submitted on the 150th day before expiration.

I'll still take steps to contact HR. Thanks again for the advice!
Application self-filed on 8/15 (California); Application sent on 8/15 via FedEx next day; Application arrived 8/16 at 10:30 and signed by EArdnt in Phoenix; G-1145 8/20; I-797C 8/27 (routed from Nebraska); Biometric scheduled 9/12 at 2 PM; Biometric walk-in 8/27 around 2 PM; EAD approval 9/10 ; EAD card arrival 9/14; SSN application 9/14; SSN Card arrival 10/15; DL 10/18
Post your reply or quote more messages.