View Single Post
08-21-2013, 02:36 PM
From Las Vegas
Joined in Dec 2012
283 posts
Atelier
Might aswell ask here... Do you guys / girls feel an associates degree to obtain the RN license is ok? My brother's wife has a Bsn and tells me kind-off contradictory advise. She says there are associate degree registered nurses working in her hospital and everything is fine but that Bsn is a preferred option when hiring. But she also says I may get hired it would just be difficult to advance to higher positions like charge nurse. I would go for the Bsn option but I can't afford it because on top of health insurance expenses the nursing program at my local university charges an extra $150 per credit unlike any other major. My plan would be to get an associates degree as rn then finish a Bsn by working once I finish the two year degree as a nurse. So any experience on how tough it is to find a job with only a two year degree? Nursing was always my first option out of high school, I just knew it would be impossible without a social. If a two year degree in nursing is not worth it, I may just seek a bachelor's in computer science because it is much more affordable. Thanks.