View Single Post
03-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Editor
From Twilight Town
Joined in Mar 2006
1,472 posts
Abaddon
We understand your point of view but the problem is that we also want enforcement as well as something that will take care of this mess. I know that your tax dollars paid for my basic education, but the thing is, it is not right to deny a basic education to a child, whether or not he is a "criminal" as some of you have labeled us. How hard is it to convict a child of a crime! Think about that for a second. Some Americans say, "Why are *my* dollars going to someone who does not deserve it, namely, a child that is *illegal*?"

Explain to me why that is being "good". I don't see you can argue that it is immoral to do so, and sorry, but this also brings in the question of morality.

Now, since America has already invested on us, it would not really make sense if we were just to be kicked out. Also, some of you might say, go back and apply. For some of us, that is impossible, since, for example, I have already applied through the LIFE Act 245i and if I leave the country, I cannot enter in 10 years. I will be done with anyways when I turn 21 because of the "aging" out factor.

Have you now learned something new?

I know American friends who know me and about my situation, and they frankly believe that I should be an US citizen. Were you to know me, without a doubt, you would think the same.

The miracle of your mind isn't that you can see the world as it is--it's that you can see the world as it isn't.--Kathryn Schultz
Post your reply or quote more messages.