View Single Post
06-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Joined in Mar 2006
1,206 posts
rock steady
By the way, I've amended the letter to more generically describe the cloture vote.

Dear Senator ______ :

I would just like to offer my sincerest thanks for your tireless effort in the debate on S. 1348, the comprehensive immigration reform bill. You have shown that you can rise above politics to take action on a very contentious matter that many were afraid to tackle. In that regard, you have shown great courage and deserve much recognition.

While the outcome of the cloture vote was unfortunate, it is my earnest hope that you will continue to help forge a compromise in the coming weeks. I wholeheartedly believe that this bill is necessary to not only secure our borders, but also deal with the pressing issue of the growing undocumented immigrant population.

I understand that you have taken heat from your constituents for your views on this matter. Please do not be discouraged, because there are many people across the country that greatly appreciate your efforts. Perhaps you may not hear often from them because they do not reside in __________, but rest assured, your honorable work is not being ignored.

As someone who watched the debate very closely, I can say that your passion for a resolution to our immigration problem was very apparent. You also addressed the issue with great honor and dignity, which sadly cannot be said about some of your colleagues in the Senate.

From the bottom of my heart, I once again thank you for your efforts. Please continue to fight the good fight. I know that you have worked hard over the past months, and I firmly believe that your work will not go to waste.
Post your reply or quote more messages.