View Single Post
11-24-2020, 09:12 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demise View Post
Can't do much about people who are just sleepwalking through life I'm afraid. Then again I was always the reckless one, filed for DACA first day I could (which was in late Sept 2012 because the person maintaining records at my High School was on vacation), filed I-130 a day after getting married, and filed a VAWA as soon as the dust settled and I figured out what I need to do.

The only leap of faith I haven't taken was doing Advance Parole with an outstanding removal order.
I just can't believe someone with DACA would be lazy in renewing it. When DAPA/Expanded DACA was announced, I went to my lawyer the same week and even though the program hadn't gone into effect yet, got all my paperwork ready, and all was set to go the first day it went into effect because the belief was that there would be 5 million parents of USCs applying and it would be a lot of delays. Buuuuut, that never came to be. Still, no regrets. There was an opportunity so I tried. Probably will check in with my lawyer around February or March to see how the landscape is. He pretty much told me to not even think about it in the last 4 years.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.