Thread: DACA to AOS
View Single Post
10-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Joined in Oct 2017
25 posts
uttyler.eng
Hello fellow dreamers,

I have been a daily reader of the forum, and I have a question. I was approved for DACA back in 2012 and have renewed ever since, never been denied nor I have any issues with the law. In July of this year I married my now wife, and we had been dating for 6 years (we're high school sweethearts). So now we want to apply for my GC through marriage, she's currently living with me at my mom's house until we have a good down payment for a house and then we will purchase a house, but what we have right now for bona fide proof is a joint bank account, joint personal loan, both share credit cards, Electric bill on both of our names, gas bill on both of our names, phone bill on both of our names. We don't have joint taxes because W-2 forms haven't been released yet, but I assume that by the time we go to the interview that we will have jointly filed our taxes. A ton of pictures and itineraries from vacation trips that we have gone together. We're both beneficiaries on each other's life insurances, and we want to get auto insurance for both of our cars. Both of our DL's have the same address

My question is: We both had already purchased our own cars previous to being married, so we were thinking of applying for a joint car loan, trade in her current car, and get a new car for my wife, as well as purchasing auto insurance. We wanted to use this new auto loan as proof that we actually do have assets.

The question is: do you think that if we don't have any assets together because our marriage is so recent, that we could have issues with USCIS? I just don't want give them a reason to doubt that our marriage is fake, when it is legit.

I would appreciate your advises

Thank you.
Post your reply or quote more messages.