View Single Post
06-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Joined in May 2007
573 posts
Sayuri Jane
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock steady
I know that Africana's suggestions were made in good faith, but I would not recommend claiming that you are a U.S. citizen to receive benefits. Also, as we have seen during the debate wherein Senators were trying to add amendments that penalized people for cases of social security fraud, I would also discourage anyone from falsifying an SSN on an application. I've been illegal for over 20 years now, and I was able to apply and be admitted to law school. I was very frank with the schools I applied to and even made my struggle the theme of my personal statement. Of course my course of action is subject to personal discretion. I left my SSN blank. In fact, I believe the schools now ask for, in the case of law school applicants, the LSAC identification number. I'm sure whatever database service is used for med school applicants will have their own identification number.

Good luck on your applications, and we'll be hoping for the best!
oh no, i am not suggesting that he claims citizenship to get benefits. i told him to try fill in the citizen box on his med school apps and pay out of pocket (that is what i did).
Post your reply or quote more messages.