View Single Post
02-08-2019, 12:29 PM
Joined in Aug 2017
1,478 posts
dreamer__13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tays123 View Post
It exists because of President Barack Obama!
Senator Dick Durbin had his chance back in 2010 to whip the votes in the Senate and he failed miserably! He should have resigned back then. I would have resigned if I was in his shoes because at least I have some dignity and pride... He is still using us and he will still use us for his 2020 campaign! He is ineffective. He has been saying that the Dream Act is his top priority! Well what does he have to show for his top priority for the last 18 years? If this issue was a top priority for a Republican Senator and most of the Republican party, then they would have gotten it passed through both chambers of the congress when they controlled them. The Democrats controlled both chambers of the congress back in 2010 and Senator Dick Durbin could not whip the votes! He could not get all of his fellow Democrats to vote for it. It is as simple as that. He failed miserably! And he should have resigned... End of story!
DACA was not Obama’s idea. It was a result of the Dream Acts failure in 2010. The sentiment that existed at the time was that Congress should try and pass a CIR bill rather than focus on piecemeal legislation. So you had assholes like Tester and Nelson vote no. Then that prick Manchin didn’t vote at all, if I’m not mistaken. I’m actually in IL and remember a local activist showing me early plans for DACA in the weeks following the Dream Acts failure to pass. Doesn’t seem to me that Durbin is just using us. If that were the case he wouldn’t have pushed for DACA to be implemented.
Post your reply or quote more messages.