View Single Post
12-18-2010, 09:35 PM
Joined in Sep 2007
350 posts
MrsMom
The world, and this country, is not the same place in 2010 as in 2007. Not culturally, not economically, not in the way communication is handled.

I think we need to come up with a strategy that is more fitted to the world we currently live in - dominated by by rampaging groups of internet bullies, a depressed economy with a growing underclass, a public with their attention focused on top "news" stories that give MORE air time to Lindsay Lohan being sentenced to jail than to the end of combat missions in Iraq ( that is actually true ). Communication is dominated by facebook and chats and for some weird reason the ultra conservatives have made better use of the internet than we have.

You can't fight this kind of media "war" using solely conventional weapons and strategies.

Do you think a big march or protest will get their attention ? I really don't think so. How many people protested the Iraq war ? How much coverage did that get ?

I know this post isn't very helpful, because I don't know what will work - but I really think that our politicians need to be at least as ballsy as the opposition - and they aren't. And I think in the current environment you aren't going to get any action based on the moral high ground or compassion, or basic human decency. You are fighting against people who don't give a f#$k that little kids with cancer are denied insurance coverage.

No offense, but you also really need to look at the bigger world picture and not dismiss concerns people have about their own jobs / economic well being. Yes you are being used as a scapegoat for much bigger problems - like outsourcing. The selling points have to be at least partially based on the buyers own self interest. And there are plenty of good points.
Last edited by MrsMom; 12-18-2010 at 09:38 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.