View Single Post
02-01-2017, 01:09 PM
Joined in Aug 2012
231 posts
Dream4Life
Guys, I have a brother who received AP for work purposes to travel to Canada and back. However, Due to the election, Canada denied him visa (previously given to me twice for same immigration status and reason) based on his immigration status (DACA) in the USA. we tried twice and show enough proof to ties to the US, but they did not approve.

He has one option to travel to our home country of Pakistan, BUT being that we are Muslims, it is up in the air. Even though Pakistan is not listed as one of the 7 countries, it is still very dangerous to take this path. Too many unknowns about return.

Our final option is to get a visa to the Bahamas (which is fairly easy if you can provide all documentations) and use it for a weekend getaway. Upon entry he will go thru CBP in the Bahamas and ultimately get a i94 to clear his EWI.

what are your thoughts? Concerns? should we try this route? do you think because he got AP for work and uses it for leisure, it will pose a problem upon reentry? it doesn't limit what country he is visiting on the AP. Of course it is in our interest to travel and come back ASAP before any more surprises come up.

Need all of your guidance. thanks
Approval: 4/10/2013
Post your reply or quote more messages.