View Single Post
07-17-2015, 01:51 AM
From AZ
Joined in Jul 2009
453 posts
SuperGSPorty
The U Visa Status is definitely one way to eventually receive permanent status in the U.S. I was EWI (at 4 months old) and became beneficiary of such visa in 2012. After holding my status for 3 years (in March) I applied for AOS. I was able to include my parents and my twin brother as derivatives. I was a victim of felonious assault in October of 2011.

For the petition itself the police department also had to submit form I-918B stating that I was willing to assist in the investigation. I had to provide written statements from family/friends and myself discussing good moral character.

Per USCIS website, the eligible crimes are listed below:
Quote:
1.Rape; 2.Torture 3.Trafficking; 4.Incest; 5.Domestic violence;6.Sexual assault;7.Abusive sexual contact;
8.Prostitution;9.Sexual exploitation;10.Female genital mutilation;11.Being held hostage;
12.Peonage;18.False imprisonment;13.Involuntary servitude;14.Slave trade;15.Kidnapping;16. Abduction;17.Unlawful criminal restraint;19.Blackmail;20.
Extortion;21.Manslaughter;22.Murder;23.Felonious assault;24.Witness tampering;25. Obstruction of justice;26. Perjury; or 27.Attempt, conspiracy or solicitation to commit any of the above.
http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/f...i-918instr.pdf

I've read multiple cases where the crime wasn't reported until years later.

I didn't go to a doctor either, but wrote an affidavit describing the physical and mental abuse I suffered due to the crime. My mom also wrote a letter for my case.

Also, what state are you in?
Last edited by SuperGSPorty; 07-17-2015 at 01:56 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.