View Single Post
04-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Joined in Dec 2010
408 posts
Nexus
No problem Noysingh.

Personal story here....

I actually didn't know they had these ICE personnel at bus stations where I went to college at, which was near the Canadian border. So I was surprised to see ICE officers questioning people before we boarded the bus. This was during Thanksgiving break, where we all went home to be with our families. Prior to boarding the bus the officer asked me, "Are you an American Citizen?" Quick thinking on my part... and I just replied with a "Yes" and he moved on to the person behind me who happened to be a Chinese student. He replied with a "No" it was only then that the officers actually asked the guy for papers, etc. He had it with him, so he must of been aware of this. I bet though if he had said Yes, they would of moved on.

On this same trip we also stopped at Buffalo, NY (also a border city), this time the officer there asked me, "What nationality are you from?" to which I replied "American".

Really, the only way they are going to grill you further is if you can't speak proper English and are dumb enough to say "No I am not an American citizen officer."

Looking back on it, I was quite lucky because while we waited for the bus to come at my departing bus station, I had been talking to several of the students who were also taking the bus, and I was introducing myself around, making friends, etc. I told a few of them I was from Brazil. I swear there was this kid there that looked like he was from Mexico but he told me he was from Hawaii. Anyways, had I known about the ICE people etc, I would of never mentioned to any of the students there that I was from Brazil lol.

Safe travels, you will be fine!
Post your reply or quote more messages.