View Single Post
06-13-2019, 09:57 PM
Joined in Jan 2015
99 posts
justgreened
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJB2 View Post
Well... here's the update I was hoping not to give. She was denied at the consular office by and agent who thought she wasn't telling the truth about how I got here.

The agent told her that she can apply for the I-601 waiver and hope for the best. Others who got denied who were there did not get a told that and were denied outright. As of now, I think processing the waiver takes close to a year? So I won't be seeing her for that long, and that's if it gets approved. Obviously I cannot leave to go see her.

I am horrified and heartbroken. I got so dizzy hearing the news that I almost fainted.
I'm sorry about the bad news. So the lawyer did not mention about the smuggling possibility may came up during the interview? Coz there were a lot of stories about these on the Fb group.

From what i read, applicants were able to request an expedite on the 601waiver due to medical emergency and was able to come back earlier in the US. Please check with your lawyer. Also join Fb groups on 601 waiver since they have more experiences and can give more tips.
Post your reply or quote more messages.