Thread: Age Cap
View Single Post
04-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,677 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by immigration truth View Post
No offense to you sir, I give you all the respect in the world. But at the age of thirty six have you not seriously considered immigrating? I mean opposition is intense towards awarding it to those who are to put it lightly, aged in terms of dreamer age. Republicans have long been adamant on the age requirement and Rubio's proposition(even though likely to fail) will be no different. The way I see it sir is you can either wait for CIR or leave America. Again all the respect in the world to you sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW View Post
You need to get real, I have said it once and I'll say it again. At some point those of us who are in our late 20s are going to have to make a decision on a alternative plan for our lives, because the political reality is that we may not benefit from any "Dream Act legislation" We all need to get real, because not all of us is going to benefit from whatever bill is passed. It's either your going to be too old or you haven't been here long enough.
Who said I don't have a backup plan, but thanks to retrogression, those plans are now 5 years ahead instead of 2 years. The point is that many people on here have a sense of entitlement that somehow they deserve this more just because they are younger. Political reality is in the eyes of Americans, you are no better than me. In fact, some might say you haven't paid your dues (Newt anyone?) since you are not part of the fabric of the community if you've only been here for 5 years.

There are a lot of "You should have's" and "You Could have's" . Yes, if 15 years ago I knew I would be waiting for another 15 years, I may have made some other choices. I'm sure many of you would have wished your parents made other choices, but the reality is here we are.
Post your reply or quote more messages.