View Single Post
09-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Joined in Aug 2012
137 posts
faaya
I went in today for my scheduled biometrics appointment. I literally got there at 8:57 AM and was out by 9:25 AM. My appointment was at 9:00 AM. It was completely dead; me and 2 other groups of people.

When I arrived the guard asked for my passport but I didn't bring it with me. I commute from Long Island to Manhattan for college and there is a train station 3-5 blocks away from the support center, so I was planning on going directly to school afterwards. I didn't want to be carrying my passport around all day in Manhattan, god forbid someone stole it or I lost it.

I showed the guard my country's ID card and told her I also had my College ID. She took them to the manager's office and told me to take a sit while I filled out the paper form (it asks for your Alien Number, Applications Numbers, Name, Height, Weight, etc.). 5 minutes later the manager came to greet me and talked with the guard and the guy who took my biometrics about the deferred action process (something about USCIS merging the two applications into one after or something like that).

He then asked if I had the receipts. Luckily I did! I gave him all 3 letters I received from USCIS and he took them and continued talking with the guard and the guy who took my biometrics.

They were super nice to me, however not to someone else though. They had a kid running around, and tried walking together to the station where they did biometrics when only one needed the them done.

It's just a matter of being respectful (saying Hi, How are you? Thank you. Have a great day. Take care) and following the rules (no cellphones, No eating, etc.).

It would be great to have this done before my birthday, October 5th!. Now it's just a waiting game
Date of Decision Received - 10/1/12 | Decision - Approved
Post your reply or quote more messages.