Thread: Masters MBA
View Single Post
05-23-2020, 11:19 AM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,680 posts
IamAman
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dreamORnot2dream View Post
I would recommend MIS. It has a nice mix of business and technology. I did MIS for my undergrad and went for masters in computer science. In MIS you are learning to solve business problems using technology. It’s actually a lot of fun. Computer Science was kinda annoying. Some of the ideas are just too abstract and too scienc-y, but I guess it is a science degree, lol. I wish I would have just went straight into a MIS masters program after the undergrad. A lot more hot chicks in the MIS track too since it’s a mix of business and technology classes. Some of the business classes are same as what is needed for the MBA . There were hardly any females in the computer science classes and the one that was there was not “ feminine”. In MIS you are bound to get a hot exchange Nadia or a Katrina sent by “mother Russia“ to get her MBA in the United States. Now, I don’t know if you are a guy or girl so not sure if the last part even matters but for me it was a huge motivating factor to get my ass to class.

Good luck with whatever you choose !
I'm impressed you were able to get through a CS master's degree. Even the undergrad CS degree is extremely challenging due to all the math and science that goes with it and contrary to what a lot of people think, it's not the coding part that's hard, it's having all the abstract ideas that are implemented using the coding that's hard.

And what you said about girls is 100% true. People ask "why didn't you meet someone while you were in college?"...well shit, in the first CS class there were like 120 people and maybe 15 girls. Of those 15, 5 were American and 3 of them dropped out to go be MIS majors. In the 2nd MIS class, there were again 3 American girls and as god is my witnessed I tried with each one and it took me to some interesting places which I can't mention on here.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.