View Single Post
11-22-2014, 02:48 AM
Joined in Jul 2014
51 posts
ldh999
Thank you so much for your nice message! Over the past few years, I've talked to literally DOZENS of Dreamers who tell me they've been so quiet about their stories. They say that they haven't told anyone about their legal status, not even their best friends.

I cannot emphasize how liberating it is to speak the truth. It's scary, and you'll come across lots of people who will judge you because of your situation, but you'll meet even more people who are supportive and understanding. You'll meet people who want to help you, but more importantly you'll meet people who know EXACTLY how you feel because they're going through the same thing.

Lots of people have many misconceptions about Dreamers and undocumented immigrants in general. They feel that undocumented immigrants are scary and super foreign, but that perception starts to shift when the realize the "illegal alien" is just the girl next door (literally!).

Yes, I had a SSN, credit card, drivers license, bank account, etc. I went to school in Chicago and flew back and forth from there to Texas to see my parents during school breaks. There were literally no indicators that I was undocumented until I got a Notice to Appear in immigration court in the mail. I'm curious to know more about how you lived life without a SSN, drivers license, etc... that's really interesting. Have you ever flown on a plane??

Thanks again for your message!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdreamernamedNatasha View Post
wait (just read through some comments lol), you had a ssn, credit card and licence!!! ???? how the heck ? i was wondering why you didnt know you were illegal until college because you were basically like us DACA applicants now but living that back then (excluding the work permit). I just thought you were "more illegal" like no papers at all besides the visa you came in with like me. Still a great video.
6/27/14 — Renewal approved
6/27/16 — DACA expiration
Post your reply or quote more messages.