View Single Post
10-31-2012, 12:06 PM
From Connecticut
Joined in Mar 2009
8,653 posts
2Face
Quote:
Originally Posted by car0593 View Post
i live in South Carolina.. if you are under 17 you are required to take drivers ed... im 19. if you dont have your license from another country then regardless of your age you have to hold your permit for 180 days. well seee when i turned 16 my grandma managed to get people that works at the DMV in my Country to issue me a drivers license ( money talks in our countrys jajaja) and every year i send all my paper work down there and renew it & my international driverss license.... so thats where the INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS LICENSE comes in handy ( ONLY IF IT IS ISSUED IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY, NOT THE FAKE ONES PEOPLE TRY TO SELL) if you can show proff of prior driving experience they let you take your road test if you pass your written exam (beginers permit) and i did pass it so they let me take the road test and i passed! i have been driving since i have been 15 and never have had any problem and have been pulled over several times but have never gotten a NO LICENSE tiket because of my IDL... but yeaaa to the point, i passed it so i got my license for 2 years! it expires the day before my EAD those
Oh wow. Good stuff. Basically you only had one piece of the puzzle missing...the EAD. For me, I'm going to have to start from scratch. Even though I'm over 18, I'm going to have to get a drivers ed certificate when I go to apply for a drivers license. But another dreamer from CT has successfully applied for a license and waiting for his road test so good signs so far.
Post your reply or quote more messages.