View Single Post
08-28-2017, 10:42 AM
Joined in Aug 2009
3,045 posts
dtrt09
Tell Your Senator to Co-Sponsor the DREAM Act https://www.aclu.org/issues/immigran...nsor-dream-act via @aclu

TELL YOUR SENATOR TO CO-SPONSOR THE DREAM ACT
Trump canceling DACA would mean 800,000 young people losing their legal status in this country. It is beyond heartbreaking; it is cruel. Passing the bipartisan Dream Act would protect them.

Enter YOUR phone number (including area code). Make sure this phone is near you now. You will receive a call at this number connecting you to your senator.

MAKE THE CALL!

Once connected, share your story. Tell your senator:

“Hello, my name is ____ and I am calling to demand that my senator stand up for undocumented youth and join as a co-sponsor of the Dream Act.”
The human impact of Trump canceling DACA and 800,000 young people losing their legal status would be devastating. Every one of them would lose their work authorization and be at risk for deportation.

These people came to the U.S. as children and America is their only home.

The bipartisan Dream Act would protect DACA-recipients by providing qualified undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. before the age of 18 a pathway to citizenship. To be eligible, individuals must graduate from high school or pass the GED and either attend college or enlist in the military.

Stand up for what is right and call on your senator to co-sponsor the Dream Act.

American Civil Liberties UnionBECAUSE FREEDOM CAN'T PROTECT ITSELF

None of the Pacific NW Democratic or Progressive Senators have sponsored this yet! Time is ticking - we have at least 6 Republican Senators on our side, if not more, so the Democratic party has the bargaining power to meet its responsibility to provide a solution and permanent relief. Make your call; livelihoods are on the line!!
Post your reply or quote more messages.