View Single Post
09-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Joined in May 2016
4,071 posts
DogJuiceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday6 View Post
Ive always had baseline anxiety and depression that has stemmed from immigration issues since high school. I've always pushed through it by being healthy, working out,etc.

Recently (I made a post about this), I dealt with a cheating gf. We were planning on getting married. We're broken up now.

With that being said, my anxiety and depression has peaked bc it was a double whammy (dealing with cheating and immigration). It's been about 3 months since the break up. I'm seeing a therapist. That has helped a little. Today, my therapist recommended that I talk to my Doctor about possibly being on medication.

I'm not sure if I need it, but I'm willing to have the talk.

I guess what I'm asking is if anybody has been on medication related immigration status. If so, what was your experience. I understand that is a personal question. So if you don't respond, I get it. You can pm message if you're more comfortable.
Not to try and rain on your parade here, but not having immigration status is a regular old monday for me. Not really a problem for me, but I could see how certain individuals would have trouble understanding it.

At least you're not the type of person who goes their whole life thinking they are USC only to find out at last minute that they are illegal immigrant.

Please get all the help you need. I will be rooting for you from under this hurricane.