View Single Post
09-18-2009, 11:24 PM
From Illinois/Florida
Joined in Jul 2009
2,219 posts
buckminsterfullerene
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihtbf9345 View Post
i'm looking at college majors right now and i honestly do not know what i want to major in...

i was reading the description of majors at collegeboard.com and i found the social sciences to be pretty interesting.. political science and sociology to be specific.

however, i do not know anything about politics. i know nothing about politics and i don't really keep up with the news so i don't know anything relating to government.

so based on that info.. do you think it would be really difficult for me if i majored in political science? is it too late for me to become involved and educated in this area (im a senior in high school btw)? is it so competitive that a person like me wouldn't make it?

i also have an interest in sociology... is anyone majoring in sociology?

help is appreciated.. thank you!
I mean I know my high school did not really offer anything in the area of sociology or even poli sci, I do however know people in my school that have changed from the major they specified earlier to poli sci and even sociology.

I have not taken any political science classes, but I have taken some sociology classes and I thought it was very interesting. I think those are subjects people tend to just discover in college, just because sociology is not something many people might see in their high school education.

In any case, about the first two years of college are essentially the same for most majors, so you would have some time to sort of test the waters before you plunged into that major. But it helps tremendously to know some basic things about the area you want to major before you head there.

My short response: I don't think its too late.
Post your reply or quote more messages.