10-20-2010, 01:53 AM
From Illinois/Florida
Joined in Jul 2009
2,219 posts
buckminsterfullerene
This is an awesome idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichAve View Post
A wiki like idea seems a progressing idea to add awareness, but I dont feel the information presented should be open to anyone who wants to add to it without having at least interest or sum of knowledge on the topic.
If that is what the wiki like report resembles.
Wikipedia allows anyone to put any kind of information they desire, and generally its a pretty excellent resource for basic information on any topic, its an even greater source of sources. The advantage can be further considering that as dreamers we are a group of individuals that have been reading the immigration law and following immigration topics closer then most in the general topic, we tend to nitpick other people's interpretation of immigration law and provide corroborating sources of information.
I think this kind of idea could decrease the need for someone to post questions on such common topics as explaining what 245i is about, or the process and requirements for legalization through marriage, and stuff that has generally been answered in many different manners. We often wish people would search for the answers, but sometimes searching is not simple when we have to sift through many threads to find basic information.

I would of course suggest some sort of process by which certain individuals will be able to make changes to information, maybe gaining the privilege after having a certain number of posts contributed to the general forum just so that we include a larger number of individuals in contributing but also eliminate the chance of someone coming out of nowhere creating an account and changing the information with ill intentions. I feel that AP points may become a bit too restrictive when something like this would strive with the input from the largest number of people possible. Furthermore, we tend to be able to make general decisions about who may be in what situation after a certain number of posts and who may not be a legitimate dreamer but just someone trolling along.
Post your reply or quote more messages.