View Single Post
07-13-2018, 09:00 AM
Joined in Dec 2010
5,408 posts
JohannBernoulli1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter86 View Post
I’m a recognized Master Carpenter by trade
I work as a construction field superintendent to a higher tier construction management company in the greater NYC.
I also hold the responsibilities of field foreman, project engineering, and assistant safety manager
I was recently invited to be part of the company’s visioning committee
I don’t have a college degree, but I have a construction project management and a construction field management certificates, I also have OSHA 10 and 30, CPR and first aid training, and a variety of certifications on how to operate certain heavy machinery and power tools

When people say that we DACAmented people are taking american jobs I don’t entirely agree, most of us are qualified way beyond many American are, I’m the only DACA person in my company and one of the four immigrants currently employed. I’m the most accomplished superintendent in the company, out of 16, and the only one to be part of any company planning board. I don’t feel like I’m taking someone’s spot, I earned it, and I highly doubt that anyone of the other superintendents would be holding the positions I currently do. And I know that’s the case with the majority of us.
Very impressive shit man. Congrats!