06-25-2011, 11:58 PM
BANNED
From Los Angeles NOT Elle-Ayy
Joined in Nov 2010
851 posts
Thecure
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamPony View Post
Great... I wonder when I'll be able to marry my dog...
Hahaha that's ridiculous. This is a civil rights issue. You're able to marry your dog whenever you want but until your dog makes human choices and requires human protection and equality under the law because your dog is actually a human, get back to the rest of us in the real world.

[quote=Happygolucky;223344]I don't like being this disrespectful but the song seems appropriate......

lol.

What's funny is that I have a feeling that a lot of dreamers would be just like the anti's if they were in their home country or if they become US citizens.

Republicans and Tea partiers say: "Keep your government out of my life! No taxes, this, that! But keep out of my life!" And at the same time they want to interfere in the lives of others!
The government should not be used to hinder the rights of others on topics such as immigration, sexuality, abortion & scientific research.
The government should encourage and protect diversity, equality and justice instead of putting up roadblocks.

I put myself in the shoes of the disenfranchised and vow to never become like the people that have held us and others back.

Quote:
There appeared to be many marriages taking place without witness or ceremony in the 1500's. The Council of Trent was so disturbed by this, that they decreed in 1563 that marriages should be celebrated in the presence of a priest and at least two witnesses. Marriage took on a new role of saving men and women from being sinful, and of procreation. Love wasn't a necessary ingredient for marriage during this era.

Years later, the Puritans viewed marriage as a very blessed relationship that gave marital partners an opportunity to not only love, but also to forgive.

Many people hold the view that regardless of how people enter into matrimony, marriage is a bond between two people that involves responsibility and legalities, as well as commitment and challenge. That concept of marriage hasn't changed through the ages.
Last edited by Thecure; 06-26-2011 at 01:03 AM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.