View Single Post
06-04-2011, 10:39 PM
Joined in Dec 2010
355 posts
Happygolucky
Please don't get high all the time. If you must use marijuana be conscious, that while it is not physically addicting like alcohol, it can still become a psychological need. Besides substance abuse is only a temporary high that can have devastating consequences. The addiction possibility is very real. You don't need to complicate your life anymore than what it already is.

Psychologist and Psychiatrist may vary in price but more likely they will charge a pretty penny. I suggest you call a few offices around you to find out what their prices are. Sometimes they have student discounts. A friend of mine began a back and forth conversation with his psychologist before ever meeting him through e-mail. You can see if any of them participate in something similar and test them out before actually spending money.

Therapy can help you to an extent and so can the drugs but the reality of being a Dreamer is still quite difficult. Our stagnation is not part of our imagination and that is something no amount of therapy can erase. All we can really do is cope the best way we can.

You can surround yourself with friends or people in general you feel comfortable talking about your problems. Even if they can't fully understand what you are going through, it is often of great respite to be able to talk things through with anyone willing to listen.

Counselors can provide a degree of help. They are trained to deal with students with stress and depression. There was a workshop that a counselor did at my college where they helped you with emotional issues, I didn't go to it, but maybe your college, if you go to one, provides something similar.

I know you said you don't want to talk to DREAMers but I highly suggest it if your problem is that being undocumented is getting to you. No one better understands what you are going through like someone dealing with the same difficulties of life. I have to say, being part of this community has helped me with coming to terms with what it means to be undocumented. I don't feel so alone; there are thousands just like me and all we can do is try to stay a float and hope for the day where we can flourish like we were suppose to.

Regardless of what may happen tomorrow:
We'll all float on, OKAY!

Post your reply or quote more messages.