View Single Post
09-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Joined in Jul 2016
68 posts
cheng129
At first, the bio appt letter from ELIS (and also the one a Tier II rep faxed over) was scheduled for 10/11, which is 2 days after my EAD exp date. I tried walking in (first one in line super early), got past the initial security guard, but after I handed back the filled out form, he asked me why am I early then handed my documents to the supervisor. The supervisor said they can't take me today and offered to reschedule. Then she told me that I have already been rescheduled to 9/14 in the system but ELIS didn't show that, and I got no notifications. I pushed her to reschedule me even sooner, told her that my bio didn't get scheduled until almost 3 months later, USCIS gave me two wrong notices, etc. - she said 9/14 is pretty soon already so she told me no. I explained to her my exp date is only three weeks after 9/14, and she kept telling me not to worry about that...I am going to try walking in tomorrow at an ASC that's 2.5 hours away from me in a smaller city, so hopefully they will take me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimegirl87 View Post
I tried walking in for my biometrics appointment but they didn't take me, however I told them that my bio notice took over 70 days to get to me and I couldn't reschedule like they suggested because my permit would expire and I would be out of town the day of the appointment (not true) so they offered to reschedule me for an earlier appointment, so I got a week ahead for that, if you wanna try that go for it.
You have to look early in the morning, and it's usually 14 days in advance. They are usually gone by afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja112 View Post
I can never schedule an infopass, it always says to check back because appointments are taken. When is the best time to schedule one? Santa Ana is definitely doable for me. I expire 9/4 and nothing yet.
Post your reply or quote more messages.