View Single Post
09-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Joined in Aug 2012
530 posts
Tortoise77
Well, have you applied to DACA? If yes and if it is approved then you will have a s.s number. On the appliciation just put your new s.s# and check NO on the " will you apply for financial aid question" and you should be fine. Also, like the PP said, dont waste your money on a four year college's first two years when you can pay way less than half on community college. I know CC is looked down at becuase its " for people are did bad in H.S and blah blah" but it isnt. Its the same as all colleges. I made the mistake to make my parents struggle pay my first year when I could have gone to community college for much cheaper (2,000) compared to 10,000 at my university. Please please save your parents money!! Dont waste it on a year when you can get the same education in a community college. Once your done with community college transfer out to the university of your choice. When i applied to college I left the s.s# slot blanked and it was pretty much an dont ask dont tell situation. I was charged instate since i had graduated from a NEw Jersey H.S and that made me instate student.
Biometrics completed: 1/20/15
Renewal Approved: 1/23/15 EAD Received: 1/29/15
Post your reply or quote more messages.