View Single Post
07-04-2009, 04:04 PM
From oakland/sf
Joined in Jul 2009
411 posts
melpw
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerhippie View Post
wrong. ITIN's are to be used for tax purposes only. however, there are other institutions that will take them as proof of identity. for example, certain banks in order to set up a checking account or phone carriers for cell phone service. DO NOT put an ITIN number on a college application because it's not a SSN. whether a school is state-funded or it's a private school is irrelevant.

if you're friend managed to get into school by putting down an ITIN, i hope they don't catch her. at worst, she could lose credits already completed. and hopefully she didn't put down that she was a citizen. that's the quickest way to get in trouble.

this is the best chance we've had for the dream act since it's been brought up. i personally wouldn't do anything that my jeopardize my eligibility. especially putting down my ITIN where a SSN is specifically required.
I think you might be wrong, my college application said "write down ITIN or SSN " My college adviser knows she out down an ITIN and knows i did too and said that was great. My mom got a BA in Early childhood education with her ITIN
I also have gotten a $2000 finance for my car with my ITIN.
Im not scared of things i shouldnt be scared of, your eligibility for the DA? what eligibility? there should be none other than where you brought here as an innocent child ? yes . did you do anything in your power to survive ? yes . thats all the eligibility you need
Last edited by melpw; 07-04-2009 at 04:09 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.