View Single Post
08-09-2016, 02:11 PM
Joined in Aug 2016
16 posts
More_than_adream
Hey guys so my ead expires Sept 4 (second renewal, case submitted june 1st, bio done june
30th) and I have not heard a word from my current employer which I am a DNA scientist in a lab in VA. When I worked at JCPenny they told me 2 months in advance that my ead would expire and they wanted a valid one soon. How a retail company knew and this employer doesnt is baffling lol.

My parents are telling me if they dont know it wont kill them but i also read that if you work past 180 days on an expired ead that will get you in major trouble maybe if you want to AOS when married or something. I also am apart of the development work to make new vaccines and I would hate for someone to investigate me and see that there was a period I was illegal working at this company. I really dont want to cause a huge scene and have everyone i work with know I am under DACA and treat me different either.

What are you guys doing or have as a back up plan if yours becomes expired? Should I talk to HR a week before my ead expires (if it comes to that) and beg for leave of absence? Sucks because my license expires same date as well....UGHHHH
Post your reply or quote more messages.