View Single Post
08-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Joined in Aug 2016
155 posts
jJMOON
Thank you for taking the time to read my ramble and respond. I honestly didn't expect anyone to provide feedback so thank you!

One thing I'd like to make clear is that I am 100% determined with the move. The timing may get pushed as we have more things to prepare for. I've pictured all the possible outcome of moving and not moving (including Dream act being passed after I move). But in the end, I chose to worry about settling in Korea and get a job there than worry about whether or not I'll get a status someday and if my parents will get deported the next day. I'm very lucky to be fluent in both languages and have supportive relatives in Korea. There were also some family circumstances that happened which further motivated me to move.

At the time of posting, I was mostly frustrated at the situation that my promotion got delayed. Regardless of the move, if the plan followed as proposed in Spring I would already be promoted, doing more challenging duties, and get a raise. I found out yesterday, that this all got delayed primarily because my manager's supervisor didn't communicate all the plan with the director who ultimately can make the decision. So because of one person's terrible communication and management, my promotion didn't come in time.

I've accepted the promotion and expressed this to my manager who understood and also expressed dissatisfaction at upper management's handling of this. I don't know if anything will happen regarding that, but it felt good to be validated for my frustration.

I posted this because I wasn't sure if now is the time to let my manager know about the move or to just take the job knowing that I'll have to leave in couple of months because I felt bad about it. I have a great relationship with my manager and I didn't want anything to ruin that.

But with hearing more details about upper management's handling of this, I no longer felt bad about anything. My manager also made it clear that she wants what's best for me regardless of whether or not I stay and should I leave for a far better opportunity, she would genuinely be happy for me. I'm going to trust her word for it.

Also with upper management's handling of my promotion, it also reminded me that at the end of the day they're going to put their interest first so why shouldn't I put my own interest first? So I decided I don't care, I'm just going to go with it

Thank you again for taking the time and best of luck to everyone!
Post your reply or quote more messages.