View Single Post
03-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Joined in Jan 2009
266 posts
Ethoswithme
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_dreamer View Post
Sorry but the name of the group concerns me. I don't want a potential employer thinking I am a dreamer-- first thing they think is "illegal".. ruins the chances even before we have a shot.

I know I may get some slack here for the comment but just keepin the real folks!
I know some of you might be worried employers might not like that you are a dreamer but on the other spectrum there are tons of employers who are actively looking for DREAMERS believe it or not. Unions, nonprofits, private companies are intentionally targeting dreamers to hire. Since we have gotten so much press coverage being a dreamer is a brand now. I know this from personal experience as I have been getting jobs offers from several orgs just for being a dreamer. Personally I feel much better working for Orgs that support our cause. In addition to that we are in the beginning of a big demographic change in politics as we all saw by the latino vote coming out to vote for Obama. Even now the GOP is looking to reach out to latinos. So if you want to ride this wave I would recommend coming out and getting more out of it than worrying about a couple of employers not wanting to hire you that you would not be happy working for anyways.
Date Biometrics scheduled -
Date of EAD received -
Post your reply or quote more messages.