View Single Post
06-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Joined in Mar 2008
402 posts
dream_hope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondering1983 View Post
Yes, he is qualified under 245i (you too). The priority date is the most important date for 245i. He just needs to show proof of presence for Dec. 2000.

You might/should be able to adjust with him under CSPA. The best thing to do is to consult with a lawyer before filing any adjustment papers but since they are working on Jan 2001 and your father's PD is 4/30/2001.. I'm thinking you might qualify due to the amount of time the I-130 was pending.

GL! My sis' case is under review to see if she is still considered "a child" for immigration purposes.

http://immigration.lawyers.com/ask-a...sues-7545.html

I'm not sure how accurate the calculator found here is but you can try it (I've been reading up on this for the past few months lol).

Hi!
I've read about the CSPA thing before but I always assumed it only applied to those who have a pending I-485, as to me the I-130 doesn't have that much value (it's just a proof of relationship, isn't it?) not exactly a petition. If the I-130 is good enough then I'm pretty sure I'd qualify, since we've been waiting for almost 10 years and I'm only 22. How old is your sister? How long did she wait for her petition? Was it a I-485 or I-130?
Thank you for your help!

-Benjamin Frankln
Post your reply or quote more messages.