View Single Post
11-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Joined in Aug 2011
5,143 posts
IamAman
Funny story, if you were a citizen, your mom would be considered immediate family, but if your mom is a citizen, you're not considered immediate family. So the bad news is that you won't be able to readjust your status if she becomes a citizen.

The GOOD news is she can still sponsor you but it will take a long time like you said. 5 years? eh, I'm going to guess about right. You would be considered an F2B sponsorship (if you're not married) and at current time, they are just now processing people who applied in Feb of 2008. http://travel.state.gov/content/visa.../bulletin.html You might think "oh so it's only 6 1/2 years to go! but it doesn't work quite like that since it's all dependent on how many applicants have applied since that time and given the limited number of the visas...it could take longer or even shorter. The previous month, they were doing January 1st of 2008 so good news, it looks like it's a faster pace than say F4 (me) where it's takes 2 months real time to move forward 1 month.
Mid-40's dreamer (yeah, time flies), aged out of original DACA and didn't have a chance to apply for extended DACA after Republicans killed it on the vine. Have family petition that is now officially current but with past skeletons, is risky to move forward with AOS. Life is on hold for now until laws and/or government becomes more friendly. Life kind of sucks at the moment but like Al Bundy and the mighty cockroach, I survive.
Post your reply or quote more messages.