View Single Post
09-19-2017, 05:21 PM
Joined in Sep 2014
322 posts
biscuitneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertarian1776 View Post
your parents got deported? cause mine did.

so stfu and dont lecture us about parents getting deported, my parents knew what they did and they paid for it. most of our parents wants what's the best of us, which is to be legalized and we can help them later on. how tf can you help your parents when you are as powerless as them being out of status.

DREAM ACT is a step forward for CIR.

i guess its better that to go "lets go all or nothing, if nothing comes like the DREAM ACT. all of our families should be deported."
My parents never lived in the United States. And i'm sorry to hear that your parents got deported. I truly am.

The point here is that there won't be a compromise.

Immigration advocates don't want to compromise, and neither do Republicans nor Democrats.

Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it too.

That's just the sad reality we are living at the moment. Even if Congress acts on DACA, which i highly doubt they will, if they don't give DACA recipients a path to citizenship, they will do nothing more than create another class of immigrants in this country. Which is absolutely unAmerican in every possible way.

They can't even pass anything on Healthcare or Tax Reform. What makes anyone think that they are going to focus on a group of 800K or so immigrants right now?

It's all just politics. It sucks, but it's the truth.
Last edited by biscuitneck; 09-19-2017 at 05:36 PM..
Post your reply or quote more messages.