View Single Post
10-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Joined in Sep 2014
4 posts
AndyElle523
Update:
I called customer service again, and they informed me that I might be able to obtain a temporary status while they reach a decision on my case. To do so I need to go to the local USCIS office after making an appointment through their website (which I already did). Monday the 20th of October is the date I have my appointment at the office. In the meantime I talked to my employers and they were very comprehensive about the situation in the sense that they didn't terminate my employment. They're willing to give me a chance to present some proof that my renewal will be approved or that my EAD is in the process of being sent (which I don't see happening anytime soon since the status of my case as of today still stands at Initial Review).

Is anybody else in a similar situation. I keep wondering why it is that my case has been in the same step for more than 4 months. I looked at the average processing times for processing for the office that I sent my forms to and it says 6 months, but I don't know of anybody whose had to wait more than 3 months.

Is it possible that my application was misplaced at their office while processing?
Would it be a good idea to ask about this issue when I go in for my appointment?

Thank you!
Post your reply or quote more messages.